In many areas of the world internet connectivity is not reliable enough to facilitate managing of assessments in online mode directly. Managing assessments on a computer but without the need to be connected to the internet (offline), using a secure delivery system, resolves this challenge. Therefore, there is increasing interest among examining bodies to conduct examinations in test centers using hybrid online exam as an assessment method because of the range of benefits it provides to candidates to be able to take their exams on a desktop / laptop and reduce time for declaring results, and also the positive difference it can make for examination bodies running various exams worldwide with regard to security, cost-efficiencies, and a reduced administrative burden.
Instead of relying on a paper-based examination process which is inflexible and hard to administer for examination bodies, Mindlogicx –the global knowledge engineering company offers IntelliEXAMS®, a comprehensive assessment management platform to conduct hybrid online exams.
The Hybrid Online Exam module of IntelliEXAMS® does not even require an internet connection on exam day, to launch or submit the exam. It is an innovative solution in which examining bodies can run and administer computer-based examinations in test centers.
Core functions of the Hybrid Online Exam module of IntelliEXAMS®
The process of delivering hybrid online exams with IntelliEXAMS® is quite simple, systematic, and efficient.
- Supports the conduct of Hybrid Online Exams in a test center even when there is no internet.
- The test center will have IE application running on the server which acts as an intermediary between the cloud server and the candidate's testing device.
- The intermediary IE application will have downloaded the necessary data and test questions which will be stored locally in an encrypted manner.
- At the specified exam time, the candidate will be able to take the exam even when there is no active internet connection as the data is already available in the intermediary IE application.
- An invigilator supervises the exam session and monitors the candidates for any suspicious activities.
- Candidates can submit their responses directly or upload their responses by scanning via mobile phone.
- The candidate's responses will be stored securely in the intermediary IE application and pushed to the cloud when an internet connection is available.
- The candidate’s responses will be made available to the faculty for evaluation.
- The results will be made available to candidates along with performance analytics once evaluation is completed.
- For MCQ based objective type responses, the results can be instantly made available to candidates on their screens on completion of the exam.
The Hybrid Online Exam solution of IntelliEXAMS® is deployed over a local area network so that candidates can connect to a local server and have a similar experience to the experience they would have if they were taking their exam online. So, no matter where the candidate is based, their details, exam paper or test responses are all stored securely in one local server and pushed to the cloud when an internet connection is available. After the test completes, answer data is then securely uploaded for marking, moderation, and results processing.
Benefits of Hybrid Online Exam
In areas without internet connectivity there is always a risk of answer scripts being lost or question paper being compromised. Moving to hybrid online exam removes this security risk.No Internet connection required
Even though there is no internet connection, candidates can take their exams on a computer as the solution is deployed over a local area network.Encryption of question paper
As all data is encrypted in the local server, question paper is securely delivered to candidates during exam time on desktop/laptop connected to the local area network in test center.Speed of marking and results
The turnaround time from exam to results is greatly reduced as results can be instantly made available to candidates for objective type responses and for subjective type responses once onscreen marking is completed.
There is a dire need for examination bodies to conduct online assessments securely in test centers, but internet connectivity is the biggest challenge in most remote areas of the world. Even in the regions where internet connection is poor, IntelliEXAMS® hybrid online exam solution comes as lifeline for examination bodies to conduct online exams smoothly in test centers but without the need for an internet connection during the time candidates take the exam.